Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let the flooring begin!!!

This past weekend we started laying the new hardwood floors! We have finally begun and it feels so good.


Jackson and Mommy look like they are helping, but we all know that looks can be deceiving!


Our first pile of boards. There will be many more where this came from!

This was our first days work, which doesn't look like a lot, but feels huge because now we know what we are doing. Or at least Shaun knows what he is doing!

We have made even more progress day by day. Here Jackson is helping Daddy shoot staples into the floor to keep the wood down.

We had one more closet to empty and remove carpet from. I had to at least show that I was doing something useful in this project. I feel rather useless with this big belly of mine. Here I am pulling staples and tack strip so Shaun can start the floors!
Jackson got up from his nap and found me working in the hall closet. He just had to have a snuglle with Mommy right then! I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

  1. Golly, I'm so proud of you guys! You are seriously my heroes! I don't think I could take on a project like that! And, PS...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color of hardwood you picked out!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome...you're in the home stretch.

    ReplyDelete